The MSFHR Research Trainee Program is designed to attract, recognize, and support outstanding researchers who have completed a PhD, or are a health professional eligible for a fellowship (or equivalent) program.
- Competition launch: January 6, 2017
- Letter of intent deadline: February 6, 2017
- Full application deadline: March 6, 2017
- Anticipated start of funding: September 1, 2017
As with previous research trainee awards competitions, MSFHR has allocated 70 percent of the total funding to applications across all four research pillars: biomedical, clinical, health services, and population health.
The remaining 30 percent of funding will be allocated to outstanding researchers conducting research in the five BC health system key priority areas, in keeping with MSFHR’s stated goal of being responsive to the BC health sector.
- Enhance access to effective primary health care
- Services for seniors with complex medical conditions
- Mental health/substance use care
- Services for patients needing surgery
- Rural and remote health care services
Note: These five priority areas have relevance in the previous targeted clinical, health services, and population health research themes.
- Guidelines (PDF)
- Instructions (PDF)
- Conditions of award (PDF)
- Award management and eligible expenses (PDF)
- FAQs (PDF)
- ApplyNet system FAQs (PDF)
- Evaluation criteria (PDF)
- Full Application (PDF)
- Host Institution Approval Process (PDF)
- Supervisor / Co-Supervisor Form (PDF)
- Third Party Reference (PDF)
The webinars are now finished. You can download the presentation for your convenience.