2018 Convening & Collaborating competition: Guidelines now available
11 August 2017
Research teams planning to apply for MSFHR’s 2018 Convening & Collaborating (C2) competition can now review the competition guidelines.
The MSFHR C2 Program builds capacity for the development and use of research evidence in practice, policy and further research by promoting knowledge exchange between health researchers and research users.
C2 awards support teams of health researchers and research users planning and carrying out collaborative activities such as stakeholder consultations, public engagement or co-development of research methodologies. This might include developing research questions to form the basis of a grant application, developing an integrated KT plan for a research project, or holding a workshop to identify health research needs, gaps and opportunities.
As part of MSFHR’s commitment to supporting researchers applying for MSFHR competitions, the 2018 C2 competition guidelines have been posted in advance of the formal competition launch in early September. MSFHR has also made the following adjustments to the application process based on feedback from the 2017 competition:
- Extended the application submission period to allow more time to assemble information from C2 team members.
- Streamlined third party requirements to reduce the burden on larger teams and research users.
- Permitted the research user co-lead and trainee roles to be filled by the same person (if all eligibility criteria for both roles are met).
- Applications open: September 5, 2017
- Application deadline: October 27, 2017 (4:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time)
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Mid-January, 2018
- Anticipated start of funding: March 1, 2018