Symposium to showcase BC’s life sciences sector
3 June 2014
British Columbia’s unique life sciences ecosystem will be on display at the upcoming 2014 BIO International Convention in San Diego.
In partnership with LifeSciences BC and other provincial stakeholders, MSFHR is supporting the planning of a satellite symposium during the conference to highlight BC’s global leaders in research, innovation, and commercialization. The symposium, scheduled for June 23 at San Diego’s Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel, will showcase opportunities for collaboration with the people, institutions and companies of BC’s life sciences sector.
A panel discussion moderated by former minister of health Colin Hansen will focus on British Columbia’s competitive advantages in health research. Panellists include:
- Dr. Pieter Cullis; Director, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Max Cynader; Director, Brain Research Centre, University of British Columbia
- Natalie Dakers; President & CEO, CDRD Ventures Inc.
- Dr. Robert Holt; Head of Sequencing, Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency
- Dr. Paul Terry; President & CEO, PHEMI Health Systems Inc.
The discussion will be followed by a wine and cheese reception.
Anyone wishing to attend can register for free prior to June 18. For more information, contact Sarah Wuertz, Events & Office Manager, LifeSciences BC (604.602.5255; firstname.lastname@example.org).