Tweetchat: Engaging patients and families in research
16 March 2018
On Tuesday March 20 at 5:30pm, MSFHR will be taking part in a weekly tweetchat hosted by the Healthcare Leadership blog on the topic of engaging patients and families in research.
Together with Colleen McGavin at the BC SUPPORT Unit and two researchers from Nova Scotia, MSFHR President & CEO Bev Holmes will join an online community of health researchers, clinicians and patients to discuss engaging patients as partners in health research, and how research funders can support this.
Based on two papers published in Healthcare Management Forum and a subsequent blog post, the one hour virtual chat will focus on four questions:
- How can organizations better recruit patients for research? What tools could they use? What information could they share?
- What can researchers and staff do to ensure that patient engagement in research is meaningful?
- How would you define successful patient involvement/engagement in research? What metrics?
- What best practices from other industries should healthcare researchers adopt when it comes to patient recruitment and engagement?
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #hcldr.
- Engaging patients and families in research
Healthcare Leadership Blog, March 2018. Available here.
- Engaging patients as partners in health research: Lessons from BC, Canada
Bev Holmes, Stirling Bryan, Kendall Ho, Colleen McGavin, Healthcare Management Forum, Feb 2018. Available here.
- Partnering with parents to advance child health research
Janet A Curran, Andrea Bishop, Jill Chorney, Lauren MacEachern, Rebecca Mackay, Healthcare Management Forum, Feb 2018. Available here.