Jason Sutherland is Professor in UBC’s Centre for Health Services and Policy Research in the School of Population and Public Health. He is also a Scholar of the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research.
This is a two-province research team, though the scope of the project is examining integrated funding models across the globe. Little is known regarding how other countries have developed and implemented policies for supporting integrated healthcare. This study will conduct an extensive review of the literature and synthesize the evidence regarding the scope and breadth of policies and their effectiveness to improve integration of healthcare across sectors of the delivery system.
Knowledge translation activities:
- Policy roundtable to disseminate findings to knowledge users in Calgary, Alberta
- Policy roundtable to disseminate findings to knowledge users in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Patient Groups Compensation (honorarium, travel cost, parking) in Calgary, Alberta
- Patient Groups Compensation (honorarium, travel cost, parking) in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Open Access Publication jointly by University of Calgary and University of British Columbia
- Webinar and YouTube video preparation by the University of British Columbia
The team expects to share findings of the project with key public stakeholders regarding attributes of policy and delivery systems that integrate sectors of the healthcare delivery system to improve care and outcomes.