How to do knowledge translation in a pandemic
May 29, 2020
Sarah Munro, 2016 Trainee and 2019 Scholar (UBC, CHÉOS)
- Describe common barriers to knowledge translation (KT) during pandemics and periods of social disruption.
- Identify methods for integrated and end-of-grant KT during the COVID-19 pandemic, using case examples from women’s health research.
- Select KT strategies that help accelerate the impact of research evidence during the COVID-19 pandemic
Dr. Terri-Lynn Fox - Director of Wellness programs, Black Tribe Dept of Health, Inc
Cheryl Koehn - President, Arthritis Consumer Experts
July 22, 2022
Walking with the Arthritis community on the path forward towards Truth and Reconciliation
In 2021, Dr. Terri-Lynn Fox and Cheryl Koehn came together as Indigenous Scholar, settler/colonial and persons living with rheumatoid arthritis to walk together on a path forward towards Truth and Reconciliation. Speakers will discuss how an Indigenous-led initiative, the Arthritis Learning Circle, has developed into lead several community-driven research projects. The webinar will also touch on deliberate and meaningful design that upholds reciprocity, accountability, and transparency throughout different phases of research.
After this webinar, participants can:
- Describe how an Indigenous-led initiative formed on Turtle Island-Canada is leading community-driven research.
- Discuss approaches to uphold reciprocity, accountability, and transparency at each stage of community-driven research.
Friday, July 22 at Noon to 1 pm (PT)
Post webinar FIRESIDE CHAT – Meet the researchers
KT Connects invites you to stick around after each webinar for a chance to explore your own goals in KT with our esteemed guest speakers. This post-webinar session is open to anyone who wants to gain insight to better incorporate KT into their research or who may be considering a career in KT. It is also an opportunity to connect with other attendees interested in KT. The fireside chat will happen right after the webinar ends.
Friday, July 22 at 1 to 1:30 pm (PT)