2020 Innovation to Commercialization competition
The MSFHR Innovation to Commercialization (I2C) Program provides funding support to help BC health researchers advance their products or technologies towards practical application to improve health outcomes, benefit society, and enrich the health innovation ecosystem in BC through contributing to talent development and a strong, sustainable knowledge economy.
- Applications open: December 2, 2019
- Webinar: December 11, 2019, 11 a.m. PT
- Letter of intent deadline: January 27, 2020, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Applicants who are interested in pursuing Mitacs Accelerate funding will need to indicate this at the LOI stage and subsequently submit a draft internship work plan to MSFHR.
- Full application deadline: March 31, 2020, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Late July 2020
- Anticipated start of funding: September 1, 2020
- Annual intake.
- Award term of up to four years.
- Phase I: $150,000/annum for two years.
- Phase II: An additional two years of funding of up to $75,000 per annum contingent on successful renewal review and match funding support from a non-BC government source.
- Focus of translational research must be at or past active research and development for proof-of-principle, but not past the level of a successfully-demonstrated product or technology (see section 7, Intellectual Property).
- I2C funding can be used to support activities directly related to implementation of a commercialization plan. This may include both salary support and commercialization-related expenses.
- Eligible to researchers who hold an appointment at an eligible BC university, health authority or research institute and conduct research with a clear link to human health. Note, each application is limited to one primary and one co-applicant.
- MSFHR is partnering with Mitacs to offer an expedited application process for supplemental Mitacs Accelerate internship funding for graduate students or post-doctoral fellows working on the proposed I2C project.
- In order to facilitate Mitacs Accelerate internships, Mitacs will work with interested applicants to determine how an internship could be designed when the I2C project is being developed.
- Interested applicants should contact their regional Mitacs Business Development representative for more information and instructions on including Mitacs Accelerate internships in the MSFHR I2C application.
- Partnership opportunities available.
Application resources (PDF)
- Evaluation Criteria
- Conditions of Award
- IP Assessment Form (fillable PDF)
- Uploads Instructions (coming soon)
The webinar has passed. View the recorded webinar here.
To view the Webinar slides, please click here.