2020 Reach competition
The MSFHR Reach Program is designed to bring together researchers and research users* to support the dissemination of research evidence, within the context of related knowledge, to facilitate its effective uptake and potential to impact health and care.
Each award will help teams of health researchers and research users to co-develop events, activities, and/or tools to share research findings and disseminate research evidence beyond the normal researcher peer group to reach audiences who can directly use the knowledge.
- Applications open: Early March 2020
- Webinar: March 12, 2020, 10 – 11 a.m. PT. Register here.
- Application deadline: April 27, 2020, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Mid-August 2020
- Anticipated start of funding: September 1, 2020
- Maximum award amounts of $15,000.
- Award term of up to 12 months.
- Each team must include:
- A minimum of one researcher and one research user as co-leads.
- At least one BC research/health professional trainee (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, post-doctoral and/or clinical fellow) as a team member included in a meaningful way to enhance their knowledge translation experience and skills.
- The co-lead that serves as the principal applicant must be based in BC and affiliated with an eligible BC university or research institute (BC government employees are not eligible to apply as a co-lead, but may be named as a team member).
- All award funds must be used in BC.
- The 2020 Convening & Collaborating (C2) and Reach competitions will launch and run concurrently. If your intended KT activity is focused on the co-development of a research question or process (i.e. integrated KT activities occurring earlier in the research process), consider applying for our 2020 C2 competition.
The Foundation also sponsors a limited number of events that do not align with the C2 and Reach Programs but support our mission and goals and allow us to build relationships and support collaboration across BC's health research community. For more information, please download MSFHR's sponsorship eligibility guidelines and application form.
Application resources (PDF)
- Complete Full Application
- Department Head
- Research User Co-Lead
- March 12, 2020, 10 – 11 a.m. PT. Register here.
*Research users might include patients, caregivers, health practitioners, government policy makers, health charities, or the public.