The MSFHR Research Trainee Program is designed to attract, recognize, and support outstanding early career researchers who have recently completed a PhD, or are a health professional eligible for a fellowship (or equivalent) program, by providing funding that helps protect time for health research activities.
- Applications open: November 4, 2019
- Webinar: November 8, 2019, 10 a.m. PT
- Letter of intent deadline: November 29, 2019, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Full application deadline: January 31, 2020, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Late June 2020
- Anticipated start of funding: September 1, 2020
- Have a PhD and commit to a minimum of 75 percent of their time conducting research, OR be a health professional in active clinical service and commit to a minimum of 50 percent of their time conducting research.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a post-doctoral fellowship position by the award start date, and for the duration of the award, at a BC institution that holds a memorandum of understanding with MSFHR.
- Be within five years of achieving their PhD or have been a health professional in active clinical service for 10 years or less for the duration of the MSFHR award.
- Not have held a previous MSFHR post-doctoral fellowship award.
- Award term: three years
- Partnership opportunities available
As with previous research trainee awards competitions, MSFHR has allocated 70 percent of the total funding to applications across all four research pillars: biomedical, clinical, health services, and population health.
The remaining 30 percent of funding will be allocated to outstanding researchers conducting research in the five BC health system key priority areas, in keeping with MSFHR's stated goal of being responsive to the BC health sector.
Application resources (PDF)