The MSFHR Research Trainee Program is designed to attract, recognize, and support outstanding early career researchers who have recently completed a PhD, or are a health professional eligible for a fellowship (or equivalent) program, by providing funding that helps protect time for health research activities.
- Applications open: November 4, 2019
- Webinar: November 8, 2019, 10 a.m. PT
- Letter of intent deadline: November 29, 2019, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Full application deadline: January 31, 2020, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Late June 2020
- Anticipated start of funding: September 1, 2020
- Have a PhD and commit to a minimum of 75 percent of their time conducting research, OR be a health professional in active clinical service and commit to a minimum of 50 percent of their time conducting research.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a post-doctoral fellowship position by the award start date, and for the duration of the award, at a BC institution that holds a memorandum of understanding with MSFHR.
- Be within five years of achieving their PhD or have been a health professional in active clinical service for 10 years or less for the duration of the MSFHR award.
- Not have held a previous MSFHR post-doctoral fellowship award.
- Award term: three years
- Partnership opportunities available
Application resources (PDF)