The MSFHR Scholar Program allows early-career researchers to establish an independent research career, build a leading research program, and expand their potential to make significant contributions to their field.
- Competition launch: November 4, 2019
- Webinar: November 7, 2019, 10 a.m. PT
- Letter of intent deadline: November 29, 2019, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Full application deadline: February 7, 2020, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Late June 2020
- Anticipated start of funding: July 1, 2020
2020 Scholar competition details:
- Applicants must:
- Have a PhD, or equivalent, and commit to a minimum of 75 percent of their time conducting research
- Hold or have a commitment for an appointment at a BC institution that holds a memorandum of understanding with MSFHR
- Be within five years of the start of their first university appointment
- Award term: five years
- Partnership opportunities available
If you are unsure whether you should be applying for the Scholar or Health Professional-Investigator Program, refer to this diagram for guidance. If you have any further questions, please contact our Help Desk: email@example.com.
Application resources (PDF)
Webinar: Slides and recorded webcast available here.