COVID-19 Research Response Fund Award Recipients
The COVID-19 Research Response Funding Call has been developed in the context of the current setting of a large number of rapidly deployed, global and national research funds covering the full array of pandemic research. It focuses on high quality research that evaluates BC’s response to the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic and informs ongoing response, especially strategies for avoiding or mitigating subsequent waves of transmission.
Each successful project addresses one or more of the following research focus areas:
1. Rapid evaluation and/or modelling of public health countermeasures to support the timing of levels of their withdrawn and potential future redeployments in BC.
2. BC population-specific epidemiologic support for decision-makers, including the identification of strategies to prevent high burdens of illness among key/vulnerale groups (e.g. residents of long-term care facilities, inner city populations, Indigenous people, health care workers, etc).
3. Human geogrpahic considerations in BC, including rurality, community, culture and population movement with a view to prevent transmission and mitigating effects
4. The identification and mitigation of the impacts of the pandemic and pandemic response, including the secondary effects on the health of the population of BC.
5. The impacts of rapid health service redesign and redeployment on health outcomes in BC.
- Back to award announcement
- Find out more about MSFHR's COVID-19 Research Response Funding Call