The MSFHR Innovation to Commercialization (I2C) Program supports researchers to advance their discoveries or inventions towards commercialization, resulting in products or technologies that improve health outcomes and enrich the health innovation ecosystem of BC.
The program is part of MSFHR's refreshed suite of funding opportunities, designed in response to specific needs identified through conversations with key stakeholders. It allows researchers to protect time to focus on advancing discoveries towards commercialization, providing the opportunity to conduct feasibility research and commercialization activities in order to determine and improve the commercial viability of their intellectual property.
The I2C Program:
- Increases the potential commercial viability of researchers' inventions or discoveries.
- Helps facilitate collaboration and attract further downstream investment from partners.
- Helps enhance and strengthen the value of researchers' intellectual property.
- Award term: up to four years.
- Partnership opportunities available.
2017 competition information including application guidelines and key dates is available here.