The MSFHR Innovation to Commercialization (I2C) Program supports researchers to advance their discoveries or inventions towards practical application, resulting in products or technologies that improve health outcomes and enrich BC's health innovation ecosystem.
The program is part of MSFHR's refreshed suite of funding opportunities, designed in response to specific needs identified through conversations with key stakeholders. It allows researchers to protect time to focus on improving the viability of their intellectual property and advancing discoveries or inventions towards products that will improve health outcomes, benefit society, and enrich the health innovation ecosystem in BC through contributing to talent development and a strong, sustainable knowledge economy.
The I2C Program:
- Supports researchers to enhance and strengthen technology and product maturity toward market usability.
- Increases the potential real-world use and commercial viability of researchers’ discoveries.
- Supports talent development and build capacity for translational research in BC.
- Award term: up to four years.
- Partnership opportunities available.
The 2019 I2C competition is scheduled to open for applications in Feb 2019.
2018 competition information is available here.