The MSFHR Health Professional-Investigator (HP-I) Program is designed to help decrease the gap between health research and its implementation. HP-I awards support health professionals who are actively involved in patient care to conduct and apply research relevant to health and/or the health system.
The program is part of MSFHR's refreshed suite of funding opportunities, created in response to specific needs identified through conversations with key stakeholders.
The HP-I Program:
- Identifies health professionals with a high potential for sustained research success.
- Helps advance the research careers of health professionals.
- Allows health professionals to link their practical knowledge in the care and treatment of patients with important research questions that can lead to improved quality of care.
- Award term: up to five years.
- Partnership opportunities available.
The 2019 HP-I competition is scheduled to open for applications in Jan 2019.
2018 competition information is available here.