The MSFHR Health Professional-Investigator (HP-I) Program is intended to help decrease the gap between health research and its implementation by supporting health professionals to conduct and apply research relevant to health and/or the health system in BC.
- Applications open: October 4, 2017
- Webinar: October 20, 2017
- Letter of intent deadline: November 3, 2017, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Full application deadline: January 19, 2018, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Mid-April 2018
- Anticipated start of funding: June 1, 2018
2018 HP-I competition details
Based on feedback from the inaugural (2017) HP-I competition, MSFHR has revised the eligibility criteria to enable applications from certified health professionals who are directly involved in patient care or public health practice, but may not be recognized by the BC Health Professions Act. For example, this may include genetic counselors, clinical chemists, clinical geneticists and physician’s assistants.
Also new for 2018 is an increased emphasis on applicant mentorship and/or continuing research education, and separate peer review pools for early career and senior investigators in order to ensure a more equitable review process.
- Applicants must:
- Be a member of a regulated health profession as recognized by the BC Health Professions Act or belong to a health profession requiring board certification, be in good standing with the relevant body and where appropriate hold a valid license to practice in BC.
- Be actively and directly involved in patient care or public health practice in BC.
- Be based in BC and affiliated with a BC host institution that has a signed memorandum of understanding with MSFHR to administer the award funds for the duration of the HP-I award.
- Award term: Up to five years.
- Partnership opportunities available.
Application resources (PDF)
- Evaluation Criteria (letter of intent)
- Evaluation Criteria (full application)
- Conditions of Award
The webinar date has passed. Download the webinar slides here.