The MSFHR Reach Program provides funding to support the dissemination and uptake of research evidence to inform and improve further research, practice and policy-making.
Each award will help teams of health researchers and research users plan and implement dissemination activities, adapting messages and mode of delivery in order to reach audiences who can directly use the knowledge.
- Applications open: April 6, 2018
- Application support webinar: April 16, 2018, 1:30 p.m. PT
- Application deadline: May 30, 2018, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated notice of funding decision: Mid-August 2018
- Anticipated start of funding: September 1, 2018
- Maximum award amounts of $10,000.
- Award term of up to 12 months.
- Each team must include:
- A minimum of one researcher and one research user as co-leads.
- At least one BC research/health professional trainee (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, post-doctoral and/or clinical fellow) as a team member included in a meaningful way to enhance their knowledge translation experience and skills.
- The co-lead that serves as the principal applicant must be based in BC and affiliated with an eligible BC university or research institute (BC government employees are not eligible to apply as a co-lead, but may be named as a team member).
- All award funds must be used in BC.
- The BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS plans to fund an HIV/AIDS-specific Reach Award. If this is applicable to your application and you would like to discuss this further, please contact the partnerships team.
New for 2018, please note the below additions to the eligbility criteria:
- Eligible dissemination events that are part of an annual series (e.g. annual conference, congress, symposium, etc.) may only be funded once through the Reach Program.
- Events, activities or tools funded by a Reach award are not eligible for additional MSFHR support, i.e. sponsorship.
For activities that do not align with the Reach Program, applicants are welcome to apply for funds through MSFHR's sponsorship program. The Foundation sponsors a limited number of events that align with our mission and goals and allow us to build relationships and support collaboration across BC's health research community. Download MSFHR's sponsorship eligibility guidelines and application form.
Application resources (PDF)
The application support webinar has passed. To access the presentation, download the PDF or watch the video below.