Health xChange is an annual evening of storytelling with PechaKucha. After three years of sold-out events in Vancouver, Health xChange is coming to Kelowna! To grow research capacity in the interior, we are partnering with Interior Health and the Kelowna General Hospital Foundation for the first Health xChange in Kelowna, BC.
Join us in spring 2022, as we bring together researchers, community members, and health system decision makers to network and share ideas about “how community engaged research influence health system change”.
We are inviting presentations from across the full spectrum of BC health research. Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Creative ways of ensuring a more vibrant diversity of voices are heard, or different forms of knowledge are considered.
- Novel initiatives that are working to influence health system changes.
- Community-based participatory research to address the social determinants of health.
- Learnings that you gleaned from health system change initiatives that didn’t go as planned.
Submissions should outline:
What health issues you hoped to address.
- What changes were you hoping to make, and what changes you achieved.
- Lessons learned.
- Your contact information and where we might find further information about you, your project and/or organization. Presenters are encouraged to apply to co-present with a community partner.
“Powered by PechaKucha” events are one-off events that are separate from regular city-based PechaKucha Nights, and are usually held as part of festivals and conferences, but can also act as standalone events.
These events include presentations that use the PechaKucha 20 images x 20 seconds format.
Find out more at PechaKucha.org.