Calling health innovators: Presenters wanted for 2nd annual Health xChange
Health xChange is an annual evening of storytelling and networking. After a sold-out event in 2017, Health xChange is back, asking: How can we mobilize research evidence to change health policy or practice?
On May 7, 2018, MSFHR will host the second annual Health xChange, with speakers sharing their creative approaches for moving evidence into policy and practice to ensure health research has a real impact.
Using a PechaKucha format (20 slides, shown for 20 seconds each), presentations are welcome from across the health spectrum, from clinical care to social determinants of health and social inclusion. Topics might include:
- A novel approach to influencing policy/decision-makers
- Strategies to include underrepresented voices in advocacy for policy change.
- Demonstrated successes connecting community and policy-makers.
- Lessons learned from an unsuccessful attempt at policy change.
Have a story to share? Submit a short (200 word) overview or 2-3 minute video to KT@msfhr.org by March 2, 2018. Submissions should outline:
- What health issues you addressed.
- What change were you hoping to make.
- Lessons learned.
Organized in collaboration with Edge Collective, this fun and informal event will take place the evening before Fuse 2018, the 4th International Conference on Knowledge Exchange in Public Health.