2019 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize
The Aubrey J. Tingle Prize is awarded annually to a British Columbia clinician scientist whose work in health research is internationally recognized and has had a significant impact on advancing research in their field — as well as the uptake of this evidence — to improve health and the health system in BC and globally.
The prize was created to honour Dr. Aubrey J. Tingle’s important contributions to BC health research as a pediatrician and immunologist, and the founding president & CEO of the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research.
MSFHR is proud to present the 2019 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize in partnership with LifeSciences BC. The award will be presented April 4, 2019, as part of the 21st annual LifeSciences BC Awards.
UPDATE | The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. PST, Friday, February 8, 2019
- The nominee must be a British Columbia-based clinician scientist who is actively engaged in clinical or health services and policy research.
- The nominee must be notable for contribution to research in their field and its translation to improve health and the health system.
- The nominee's research should be recognizable internationally as novel, original, and of the highest caliber.
- The individual should have a significant mentorship record above and beyond supervision of trainees. They should be regarded as a role model to students and investigators in their field.
- The nominee must have a track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
 Candidates must be PhD prepared. Clinician scientist can include medical doctors as well as health professionals belonging to one of BC’s regulated health professions as recognized by the BC Health Professions Act. Candidates must hold an MD, MD-equivalent or PhD.
Nomination and review process
The nomination package must consist of:
- Letters from two sponsors: the first from the person proposing the candidate, outlining the rationale for this nomination and addressing the eligibility criteria; the second from an individual willing to endorse the nomination.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae, including a list of publications in the past 10 years and a description of thier five most significant contributions.
- Two of the nominee’s best publications.
- Contact information (phone & email) for the person being nominated.
To submit a nomination, please follow this link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4707827. The submission deadline is 5 p.m. PST, Friday, February 8, 2019.
Review and selection of the candidates will be made by a volunteer external senior panel, and their recommendation will be forwarded to the executive committee of MSFHR's Board of Directors for ratification.
 Information will only be used to contact the successful award recipient.
For more information about the prize or the nomination process, contact:
Research Competitions Coordinator