Suggested Journals/Literature Search Services
You may wish to sign up for alerts from journals and/or literature search services that include knowledge translation articles. The following are only a few of the free literature sources that you can find online to get you started. There are also a number of online journals that require a subscription fee – check with your organization to see if they already have a subscription that allows you access.
- BioMed Central is a science, technology and medicine publisher of 272 peer-reviewed open access journals. The portfolio of journals spans all areas of biology, biomedicine and medicine and includes broad interest titles alongside specialist journals. All original research articles published by BioMed Central are made freely accessible online immediately upon publication.
- Evidence & Policy is the first peer-reviewed journal dedicated to comprehensive and critical assessment of the relationship between research evidence and the concerns of policy makers and practitioners, as well as researchers.
- Health Research Policy and Systems covers all aspects of the organisation and use of health research – including agenda setting, building health research capacity, and how research as a whole benefits decision makers, practitioners in health and related fields, and society at large.
- Implementation Science is an open access, peer-reviewed online journal that aims to publish research relevant to the scientific study of methods to promote the uptake of research findings into routine healthcare in clinical, organisational or policy contexts.
- Journal of Health Services Research & Policy presents the latest scientific research, overviews and reflections on underlying issues, and contributions from leading academics and policy-makers.
- Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine (JRSM) articles range from evidence-based reviews and original research papers to editorials and personal views. JRSM is an independent scientific and educational publication, which features well-argued debate and dissent on important clinical topics and, although UK-based, has articles of interest and relevance to clinicians internationally.
- Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare aims to represent and publish research in healthcare areas delivered by practitioners of different disciplines. This includes studies and reviews conducted by multidisciplinary teams as well as research which evaluates or reports the results or conduct of such teams or healthcare processes in general.
- McMaster PLUS (for clinicians) is a literature service developed to support the ongoing use of evidence by physicians. Only high quality and clinically relevant articles (as determined by a panel of physicians) from various disciplines and over 130 journals are included in the service. Physicians can customize the receipt of email updates when new articles are available in their area of interest.