Health xChange is an annual evening of storytelling with PechaKucha. After sold-out events in 2017 and 2018, Health xChange is back, asking: How can we foster health equity through research?
On May 7, 2019, MSFHR and Edge Collective will host the third annual Health xChange. Using a PechaKucha format (20 slides, shown for 20 seconds each), presenters will share their creative approaches for fostering health equity through research, so that all people can reach their full health potential.
MSFHR is inviting presentations from across the full spectrum of BC health research. Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Creative ways of ensuring a more vibrant diversity of voices are heard, or different forms of knowledge are considered.
- Novel initiatives that are working to address health inequities.
- Community-based participatory research to address the social determinants of health.
- Methods for conducting or sharing research that address power imbalances.
Presenters wanted! Have a story to share?
Submit a 200 word overview or 2-3 minute video to KT@msfhr.org by March 4, 2019.
Submissions should outline:
- What health / health equity issues you addressed.
- What changes were you hoping to make, and what changes you achieved.
- Lessons learned.
- Your contact information and where we might find further information about you, your project and organization.
“Powered by PechaKucha” events are one-off events that are separate from regular city-based PechaKucha Nights, and are usually held as part of festivals and conferences, but can also act as standalone events.
These events include presentations that use the PechaKucha 20 images x 20 seconds format.
Find out more at PechaKucha.org.