Strategic Provincial Advisory Committee (SRAC)
The BC COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee (SRAC) was established to serve as a bridge between the Provincial Health Officer, government decision-makers and the BC health research community with regard to COVID-19 research. SRAC reports to the provincial response Planning Section Chief, Health Emergency Coordination Centre, and provides insight on current BC research related to COVID-19 and what is needed. MSFHR serves as secretariat to the committee and provides strategic support.
- The BC COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee will:
- Advise the Province on necessary research to support the Province’s response to the pandemic
- Develop a research framework to inform the Province on what research needs to be done, which will be available for other stakeholders to inform their activities
- Committee activities include:
- Monitoring global COVID-19 research activity
- Mapping BC COVID-19 research activities
- Understanding and documenting provincial COVID-19 research needs (including those across the health-care system) as they are being defined
Questions or comments for SRAC can be directed to SRAC@msfhr.org.
New: BC COVID-19 vaccine communications collaboration and networking workshop
Recording and resources now available