The BC COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee (SRAC) was established to serve as a bridge between the Provincial Health Officer, government decision-makers and the BC health research community with regard to COVID-19 research.
SRAC reports to the provincial response planning section chief (Health Emergency Coordination Centre), and provides insight on current BC research related to COVID-19 and what is needed. MSFHR serves as secretariat to the committee and provides strategic support.
- Advise the Province on necessary research to support the Province’s response to the pandemic.
- Develop a research framework to inform the Province on what research needs to be done, which will be available for other stakeholders to inform their activities.
The BC COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee will:
- Monitoring global COVID-19 research activity.
- Mapping BC COVID-19 research activities.
- Understanding and documenting provincial COVID-19 research needs (including those across the health-care system) as they are being defined.
Questions or comments for SRAC can be directed to SRAC[at]msfhr.org
BC COVID-19 Vaccine Communications Collaboration and Networking Workshop
This workshop was held for health communications professionals and communications researchers involved in developing and sharing information about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in British Columbia.