The BC COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee (SRAC) was established to serve as a bridge between the Provincial Health Officer, government decision-makers and the BC health research community. The BC COVID-19 SRAC is convened to advise the province on the priorities, funding, coordination and dissemination of research projects and their results. The focus is on the BC-specific research needs and strengths in the context of national and global research initiatives.
SRAC reports to reports to the BC Ministry of Health Associate Deputy Minister and the PHO through the Chairs. MSFHR serves as secretariat to the committee and provides strategic support.
The committee has the responsibility to advise on:
- The understanding of provincial COVID-19 research needs and questions (including those across the healthcare system) as they are being defined
- The development of provincial COVID-19 research frameworks as necessary
- The identification of emerging research issues and responses
- The coordination of research resources and infrastructure to support COVID-19 research
- The development and implementation of a provincial knowledge translation strategy to support the translation of COVID-19 research evidence into practice
Questions or comments for SRAC can be directed to Judith Hutson, Project Consultant/Secretariat: SRAC[at]msfhr.org
BC COVID-19 Vaccine Communications Collaboration and Networking Workshop
This workshop was held for health communications professionals and communications researchers involved in developing and sharing information about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in British Columbia.